Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Night

Well, it is with full belly and tired body I come to you tonight!  We feasted with friends and have returned home to plop.  What a season, eh?  All the planning, anticipating, shopping, wrapping, baking, calling, sending, worrying, juggling (finances, of course) and merry making.........I'm pooped!  

This Christmas was a huge success all the way around.  I'd have to say it was one of the best ones yet.  We were active with friends and spoke often with family, enjoyed each other's company and scored big in the gift department!  My son was thrilled with his booty and he gave me extra special gifts this year.  Moms always love the handmade things the best (which stands to reason, since I am a handmade artisan!  haha), and he made me two books about a Yeti that saved Christmas.  How clever!  They were pop-up books at that!  I had a ball reading them and will treasure them forever.  In fact, they will stay handy all year so I can look at them again and again.

My sister surprised me with a four DVD set of the original Johnny Weissmuller  Tarzan!!  You'd swear I was a four year old that got the gift they asked Santa for!  I had been wanting Tarzan for so long...and not just ANY Tarzan.  It had to be with Weissmuller, which I could never seem to find.  Anyone that walked the earth with the dinosaurs, like me, will remember him.  He was the best Tarzan, and the only one to watch as far as I'm concerned!  Well, needless to say, I can't wait to veg in front of the idiot box and watch them.  Truly a perfect gift.

All in all, this has been a Christmas that they portray on Hallmark Channel!  Everything was perfect, even when it wasn't!  Just having my son and friends at my side, and calls from my sis, made it the happiest of Christmases.  I am so lucky to have made the new friends I have over the past year, and things are starting to gel here in "Hooterville".  We're beginning to feel right at home in this little community.

I hope you all had a wonderful time of it, as well!  Remember to check back in January for information on a giveaway from my ArtFire Studio!  It'll be fun and a great way to kick off the New Year!

Love,
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave comments...I'd love to hear from you!